I am still at the hospital, but I really wanted to update to request more prayer. Rob and I met with Nathan’s doctor this morning, and they are still watching the bright spot that appeared at his last head ultrasound. The regular radiologist took a look and does think that it needs to be monitored. They think that it is most likely PVL flare (as opposed to another bleed), so it is now a matter of wait and see. He will be having weekly head ultrasounds until the flare disappears and they can see the brain more clearly. Once the flare disappears (the doctor explained it as kind of a mist that prevents them from looking at that area of the brain right now), it will be evident whether or not there is any damage. If there is damage, they will do an MRI to get a better look. Sometimes, it leaves no damage whatsoever, but it can also leave small or large amounts of damage. Since the flare is on the right side of Nathan’s brain, it could mean some degree of weakness (depending on the extent of damage) on the left side of his body. The doctor is more concerned than he was, but is still optimistic because of how well Nathan is doing otherwise. We are still praying that the flare will disappear and leave no trace of damage. Please continue to pray for full healing and restoration in this area of Nathan’s brain.
We are still awaiting the results of the bloodwork from his newborn screening. I feel like I’m on pins and needles; nothing is conclusive right now! Please continue to pray for normal results.